Is Social Media for you?
I know there are many reasons why people either find it difficult, or even impossible to engage with managing an effective and appropriate social media campaign.
This may be because they:
- just don’t want to engage,
- may not have the time or
- have the time and the enthusiasm but they lack the skills.
If any of the above resonate with you BUT:
- you recognise that Social Media is here to stay
- you and/or your business need to have a Social presence
- you would like someone to work on your behalf
- or you would like to learn how to do it yourself, but with some support
… then some of the ideas and resources I’m including here may help
Take a look at the following pages if you want to:
- Understand more about Social Media engagement
- Learn more about Twitter
- Learn more about LinkedIn
- Understand how you can use Social Media to help you and your business
- Know what to do if you really don’t want to do it yourself
At a very simple level, if you have a website (where you actively sell your products and services), it is likely that you want to drive more traffic to the website so that they can see your sales message and commit to buy.
To do this you might want to start a blog. Now a blog is not a sales pitch. It has to be helpful, informative and relevant. Within each blog post, you can refer them to your website. You can also pepper the blog post with relevant keyword search terms which will assist Google to find you.
To attract people’s attention to your blog, and then onto your website – you will use Social Media channels such as Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook – imagine it as a funnel, that is directing lots of people to you or your information. Once you have built your on-line communities – hey presto – you have an audience!